How to Apply
May be submitted online*, via e-mail, fax, or mailed/delivered to LISD HR. See HR contact info.
Also see new requirements for Para-Professionals on this page.
- Completed application
- Completed criminal history form
- Copies of transcripts
- Copy of teaching certificate
- Copy of applicant's philosophy of education
Interviews are scheduled only for persons being considered for specific vacancies in the district.
All applicants in our active file will be considered, as positions become available. Your application will remain in our active file for two years. After two years, you should notify us if you wish your application to continue to remain active.
New Requirements for Para-Professionals
Hired after January 8, 2002
LEA must ensure all para-professionals hired after this date and working in a Title I, Part A Program* must have:
- Completed at least two years of study at an LEA;
- Obtained an AA degree (or higher); or
- Met rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment:
- Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics; or
- Knowledge of, and the ability to assist instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
*This requirement applies to all para-professionals on a campus designated as a Title I school-wide campus.
Hired before January 8, 2002
All para-professionals hired by the LEA before January 8, 2002, and working in a Title I, Part A Program* must have a secondary school diploma, or its recognized equivalent (GED) and, no later than four years after the date of enactment (January 8, 2002), meet the qualifications listed above.
These para-professional qualifications do not apply to a para-professional who primary responsibility is to serve as a translator or whose duties consist solely of conducting parental involvement activities under Title I, Part A.